Important Acer Aspire One 751h Bios Recovery

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by lightt, Mar 2, 2010.

1. lightt

glitchface

Just a quick reply to thank you for your post. I thought I had bricked my 751h within about 5 hours of purchase.

Followed your instructions to the letter(although I used the new 3212 bios) and it worked first time.

Thanks Again!!!

Glitch

glitchface, Apr 17, 2010
  2. lightt

RealityRipple

Been trying everything I can to get this to work, but nothing will make it recognize the flash drive. I've followed every direction on about a dozen different websites down to the letter, experimented myself, and even taken the entire thing apart and put it back together. The power button will flash, the fans will spin, but nothing I do will make the flash drive's little light blink. I've tried both a Verbatim Store'n'Go Pro 512 MB and an OCZ Rally2 4 GB with no effect. Any help, ideas, suggestions, or anything else would be greatly appreciated.

RealityRipple, Jun 9, 2010
  3. lightt

roswell_mars

It worked for me
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!

roswell_mars, Jul 11, 2010
  4. lightt

darma_riyadi

Hi,
    Thank you very much, just managed to recover my ao751h using usb TEAC floppy disk (IBM). I've contacted acer support, they said it can be because of hardware problem and request me to bring this to acer service center.

:D

Regards,
    Ari

darma_riyadi, Oct 23, 2010
  5. lightt

tuzytoo

*******This worked great for my 751h! The only trick was that it would not work with a flash drive or memory stick. It only worked on mine from a floppy disk drive.... But the aggrevation of failed attempts was well worth it...... Took all of 10 minutes including creating the crisis dick to recovering my Acer once I used the floppy drive...

tuzytoo, Oct 27, 2010
  6. lightt

bratislav

bratislav, Oct 29, 2010
  7. lightt

wilmr

THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH, after weeks and weeks of following various on-line tutorials and downloading different versions of acer bios recovery software for my dead Aspire one 751h, I thought I would try your excellent write up and software link *** just one more time.
    And hey presto it worked first time and without a hitch.
    I used an old 125mb USB stick formatted as FAT
    Cheers

wilmr, Feb 19, 2011
  8. lightt

Chamutas

THANK YOU THANK YOU, IT WORKED LIKE MAGIC.
    I followed exact directions and used duracell 8GB Usb thumb drive, inserted in usb slot on the right and my 751h booted. Before that I thought it will be just a brick.
    Thank You again.

Chamutas, Mar 28, 2011
  9. lightt

Deliberatus

Not working for me either. So what is the service center solution for this thing?
    (DO NOT tell me 'install a new HDD, as the thing never even tries to do POST, nor access the HDD even once. This is NOT a HDD problem I am having. Tried the indicated procedure, the power button just sits and blinks at me, 10 minutes now of blinking. My gut is growing an ulcer on it's ulcer, and were it not for a faint glimmer that it can be saved I would throw it across the room.

Deliberatus, May 8, 2011
  10. lightt

alecarreiras

Thanx!!! works perfect! in my netbook, but I have to use left side USB port.

alecarreiras, Dec 15, 2011
  11. lightt

Xheno

Hello , could you help me ?

i have this acer aspire one 751h , i think it has the same problem , turns on but dont show any thing on the lcd , i followed the steps of bios recovery , did the bios recovery press fn+esc turned it on with the usb plugged in , the power button blinks only 5 times and stops blinking , i left it about 20 minutes but nothing happend . can anyone tell me what to do , or whats the problem . thnx

Xheno, Aug 28, 2012
  12. lightt

airbag_x

This is only WAY to REPAIR your BIOS

AO751h BIOS can be restored with CRISIS DISK feature

BUT use USB Floopy for 100% success !!

I didit last night after 20 USB pens & Acer service manual notices..
    and it takes 4 minutes !!
    after 20 houres of my nervs

USE FLOPPY !!!

USE FLOPPY !!

Good speed!!

Airbag

airbag_x, Sep 18, 2012
  13. lightt

Jewel1207

What will I need to do - My Acer has Vista

Will the steps work with Vista? Thanks.:)

Jewel1207, Sep 20, 2012
  14. lightt

airbag_x

Doesn't matter of OS installed on "death" Notebook..

But rescue disk must be done on XP 32 bit OS...

Cheers
    AB

airbag_x, Sep 21, 2012
  15. lightt

Puff

I know this thread is quite old, but still, I wanted to post some info that, hopefully, will save somebody's arse :)

This guy is right - you can mess with dozens of thumb drives / card readers / any other flash memory and swear that it's not working while it should...

BUT(!) there's something you should know. I realised I was missing something important because I had tried floppy method and it didn't work.

Why?

Because every manual says: "plug everything out, plug in the floppy, hold Fn+Esc, plug in the charger (AC adapter), press power button".

It's missing one, crucial thing - the battery! It has to be charged (30% is the absolute minimum) and plugged in, so in the end, the whole "step-by-step manual" looks like this:

- plug everything out
    - plug in the floppy (well, you can try with your flash memory, but I tried many and failed miserably)
    - hold Fn+Esc
    - plug in the battery(!)
    - plug in the AC adapter
    - press power button

The whole process should take no longer than 3-4 minutes, after the flashing is complete, the lappy will restart itself :)

What happens if you don't plug the battery? Well, the process looks almost identical to the situation when the battery is plugged in.
    The power diode starts to blink, the floppy is being read, but in the end the diode stops blinking (looks like lappy is turned off, but HDD is still spinning) and nothing happens.
    If you disconnect the charger and reconnect it, and then press power button, you're in the same place you've started.

When you try to flash without charger plugged in (only on battery power), then the diode will go from "blinking" to "turned on". And that's the only difference - the lappy will be dead as a rock, same as before.

So, to sum up, you have to plug the AC adapter AND the battery (charged at least to 30%) - otherwise it won't work!

Good luck with flashing :)

Puff, Feb 9, 2013
  16. lightt

mj4tech

Since the link given is broken, would you specify the release date of the crisdisk so I could download the correct version. Thanks!

mj4tech, Mar 22, 2013
  17. lightt

mj4tech

I meant the link for rapidshare broken.

mj4tech, Mar 22, 2013
  18. lightt

mj4tech

Actually I figured out after trying many downloaded from the internet. The one worked is with the size of 1.11MB. The entire process only took 1 minute and my USB disk didn't flash at all. Thanks **lightt** so much for the great tutorial and now I could got this little laptop work again after a failed BIOS flash with BIOS_Acer_3211_A_A.zip on Windows 7. :)

mj4tech, Mar 22, 2013
  19. lightt

insomniacno1

I like to know if this worked for any of the 751h owners especially the ZA3 users.

I'm currently in the black Screen of Death situation, and there are so many different guides on the net, on how to do this. I like to get it right.

EDIT: If this doesn't work for you or you don't have access to another XP machine or like me, have Linux on your main laptop, then try this solution that I compiled from allot of different solutions on the net(it worked for me today):

https://www.laptop-forums.com/threads/solution-ao751h-52bk-za3-black-screen-flash-bios.27063/

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    insomniacno1, Nov 24, 2017
  20. lightt

fey

could you tell me the link or version for the crisis disk for ao751h model za3 ? i can not reflash, blinking but not detect the usb floppy or usb drive

fey, Nov 27, 2018
Ask a Question