Initial Startup

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by RRINGOSTARR, Apr 1, 2009.

1. RRINGOSTARR

RRINGOSTARR

Hey everyone,
    I'm brand new to the world of netbooks and laptops, however I do have pretty good knowledge of computers in general. I was just wondering if the battery in my new acer atom needs to be charged before I continue with an initial startup. I have it all plugged in and the light shows as charging, but it only stays on for about 20 seconds before shutting down. I'm sure there is an answer to this somewhere but I could not find it, any help would be appreciated.

RRINGOSTARR, Apr 1, 2009
  2. RRINGOSTARR

Tamrac

There should be enough charge to startup right away. But if it does not. Either you have a drained battery due to very long storage, or some other reason(hopefully not a defective battery). Just leave it plugged in until you see the light turn green. Then see if the indicator within the OS sees the battery as fully charged.

Tamrac, Apr 1, 2009
  3. RRINGOSTARR

RRINGOSTARR

Hey, thank you for the quick reply. I waited until the battery turned green, and still it shut off about 20 seconds after booting it. Doesn't matter if I leave it alone or pres F2 to get into the bios. I'm assuming that the laptop came with windows xp installed, and even if it did not it shouldn't simply turn off like it has been. I suppose it is getting returned, unless i can figure how to keep it on.

RRINGOSTARR, Apr 1, 2009
  4. RRINGOSTARR

vanasek

We have a Acer /Aspire One, the battery light is always flashing red. How long should it take to charge it.

Thanks

vanasek, Apr 21, 2009
Ask a Question