Install Iatkos 5i and iDeneb 1.4 Probelem PLease help

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by djbrajus, May 7, 2009.

1. djbrajus

djbrajus

Hello, i have an external cd drive, and i was tring to install iatkos 5i and when i get to the darwin's boot, i type cpus=1, -v cpus=1, basically evertything, and when it gets to the apple logo i get a screen that says, need to restart computer, press and hold down the power button.

I have the latest bios, i had i installed before but then i installed windows xp tiny.

acer aspire one 120gb, 1gb ram.

djbrajus, May 7, 2009
  2. djbrajus

yohko101

i think you had a kernel panic. you'll probably need to make sure that you have the correct customized settings when you installed osx. if not, you'll have to reinstall it.

yohko101, May 8, 2009
  3. djbrajus

djbrajus

I didn't install it yet though.

djbrajus, May 8, 2009
  4. djbrajus

FreeStyLeMaSTeR

I have exactly the same problem with ideneb 10.5.6. Trying to install it and it always gets stuck at apple logo screen and ask me to restart. Ive already wasted 3 verbatims burnt at 2.4X. I dont know what to do...

FreeStyLeMaSTeR, May 8, 2009
  5. djbrajus

yohko101

hmm, have you guys followed the guides specifics for your machines? the A150/A110 or D150 has thier own seperate guides for iatkos and ideneb.

yohko101, May 8, 2009
  6. djbrajus

FreeStyLeMaSTeR

Like I said earlier, I had the same problem and I already gave up. I'll go with iatkos distro. At least it worked with 4i so prob it will go fine with v5i.
    I guess the problem with ideneb is that I use USB to IDE external drive and ideneb dont like it. If you, orijinal poster, are also using IDE external drive then most probably thats the problem in our case.

FreeStyLeMaSTeR, May 9, 2009
  7. djbrajus

djbrajus

Im using a usb cd/dvd drive. It all good , downloaded the aspire one triboot. Windows xp, backtrck and mac os x. Wifi sometimes works with the original card.

djbrajus, May 11, 2009
  8. djbrajus

fooshizn1x

I had the same problem on my initial shot at installing iATKOS 5i, I had tried ideneb 1.3 prior to that with similar results. In my situation I was trying to dual boot, keeping the original XP home and when I created the partition for OSX I did not make it ACTIVE (i.e. the boot partition) so essentially it didnt know where to boot from and just kept looping... The instructions in the forum didnt exactly apply to me since I was booting w/ DVD and was using Acronis Disk Director as my partitioning software. So eventually I re-created the partition, made it Fat-32, and made it active, started the installation process again and it worked fine.. when it boots you get the darwin bootloader, you can choose xp or osx and both work as they should.

fooshizn1x, May 23, 2009
Ask a Question