Install KDE on linpus

Discussion in 'Linux' started by bannedi, Aug 13, 2008.

1. bannedi

bannedi

In add programs section is avaliable KDE enviroment, has anyone tried it?works fine? what i have to do to make it work?

thanks

bannedi, Aug 13, 2008
  2. bannedi

dugc

I am trying to get everything working in Ubuntu and its a bit of a headache, especially if you want to suspend or hibernate.

My first thought was that I could simply install Gnome or KDE on the original Linpus setup - thus keeping functionality and getting a decent desktop setup. However, it didn't work - it was stopped by various missing dependencies (strange given that it is in the repository). I even tried turning the XFCE environment back to a normal one (XFCE is a nice DE normally) but afetr hacking away at things I couldn'y get anywhere with it. I guess I don't have enough knowledge to do it, and all of the brightest minds are focussing on getting Ubuntu working instead.

It quite sad that if you look at the linpus website there doesn't even seem to be any sort of forum for discussing these things. :x

dugc, Aug 14, 2008
  3. bannedi

bannedi

With ubuntu notebook remix works all drivers well? or it is more slower than linpus?.

bannedi, Aug 14, 2008
Ask a Question