Install Linpus From USB Flashdisk

Discussion in 'Linux' started by dudut, Dec 18, 2008.

1. dudut

dudut

Hi all,

I have Acer Aspire One with pre-installed Windows XP Home (original).
    I want to make it dual boot with Linpus.

I have tried to boot Linpus using Unetbootin, but it always failed. I tried to boot on my desktop, it worked well, but not on my Aspire One.

Anyone has tried and successfully installing Linpus using USB flashdisk? Thanks :)

My first post :p

dudut, Dec 18, 2008
  2. dudut

Edge

Hi

I would also like to know. I have an image or the recovery dvd and the iso from linpus site for their live version, but I haven't got any external disk drives and have spent hours to try find solutions on the net.

For the live version: http://www.pilotennetz.de/computing/tut ... l/#english

Can help and I am about to try it, although being new to linux I am basically just crossing my fingers here.

Would love to rather just use the recovery image, but don't know how to get it to work without writing it, which I am also unable to do currently.

So if anyone knows how to get it booting with just the iso of these disks and a usb stick please tell us.

Edge, Dec 20, 2008
  3. dudut

gustavoas

gustavoas, Dec 20, 2008
  4. dudut

mariorr

To increase te linux partition after restoring te linpus 4GB partition do the following:

Boot a linux version from an USB disk or livecd (puppy worked for me)
    Startup gparted
    check the linpus volume (rightclick on partition)
    after checking reboot and load linpus.

the correct size is showed now!

mariorr, Jan 2, 2009
Ask a Question