Install prob with Win7 retail on AOD255

Discussion in 'Windows' started by hueyii, Oct 14, 2010.

1. hueyii

hueyii

Just got this and first order of business is to get a retail version of Win7 Pro installed. I start out with 3 partitions; Recovery, System and a Win7 partition. I ran the partitioning portion of the Win7 install. I combined the system and Win7 partitions into one. Win7 re-creates the System partition @ 100MB, so I let it. I format both new partitions and let win7 install run. At some point it reboots, and I see Win7 loading and a message that its configuring registry settings. Then it reboots and starts to load... then reboots again. it will go forevere if I let it.

What is wrong here? I left the recovery partition intact (I ghosted it just in case), so I'm not up a creek. Do I need to slipstream drivers into a new install cd? Wipe out the recovery partition?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

hueyii, Oct 14, 2010
  2. hueyii

hueyii

Update: I just tried removing all partitions including the recovery partitions and using the whole drive. No luck. Same problem. Acer won't help without paid support. Nice. Also, I tried the upgrade option but it's a teaser. Even if you already have a valid copy, the upgrade option requires that you buy a license. What kind of bs is that????

hueyii, Oct 14, 2010
  3. hueyii

hueyii

Feelin like the lone ranger here...

I was able to load Windows7 64bit without issue. The install went fine. When I try to install the Intel GMA theres no Win7 64bit driver so I used the Vista 64Bit driver.

hueyii, Oct 15, 2010
Ask a Question