Install Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex (8.10) Guide??

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Cyclone42, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Cyclone42

mzc

What is your BIOS version? if 3305, then down grade to 3304. this may work.

mzc, Nov 7, 2008
  2. Cyclone42

Guest Guest

Nice!

However, in the old version I've just made some changes to how /var/log was set up on tmpfs. The guide had all the log directories created after the logging daemon started, which caused a bunch of errors... Might want to update the new guide (but by all means try it first - I want to know if it works for everyone).

Guest, Nov 7, 2008
  3. Cyclone42

bit-ninja

I know it sounds stupid, but you could try removing the AC power and battery to reset everything. It actually worked for me a few minutes ago.

The wireless was working, but did not show me any networks. Just rebooting did not help. Finally I removed the power and booted back up and now I see all the wireless networks...

YMMV

bit-ninja, Nov 7, 2008
  4. Cyclone42

AlexTur

Yeah, it does work for me as well. I was trying to set up my wireless without any success, after I removed battery and remove AC power, waited for 10-15 second and plug in everything. After booting wireless has started to work. :)

AlexTur, Nov 10, 2008
  5. Cyclone42

hobbang819

Is anyone having a problem with strange volume control behavior via fn+up and down? I've installed alsa 1.0.18 and when I raise the volume via keyboard it will go up then jump down and back up and back down etc, until it reaches max volume. It makes it impossible to fine tune the volume via the keyboard.

hobbang819, Nov 11, 2008
Ask a Question