Install Windows 7 without USB/Xternal Drive

Discussion in 'Windows' started by netimports, Jul 3, 2009.

1. netimports

netimports

I was wondering how come no one has just ran the setup from xp and chosen upgrade or install to another drive?
    I download the beta and used magicISO to mount the iso file. I had a partition made already with about 20gig free and after mounting the iso file went to the drive and just ran setup and used advanced install with drive D. It installed Windows 7 with no problems on my D drive and my XP is working fine too. I wanted to test it first before upgrading my XP to 7 and since everything went ok I went back and this time use the upgrade option and upgraded my xp to 7. Haven't had any problems other then Windows 7 removed my linux bootloader.

netimports, Jul 3, 2009
  2. netimports

tankster

the reason is that while Windows upgraders have gotten better over the past few versions, a clean install, with no leftovers from the previous install, is always preferable. For dual booting, Using MagicISO is of course the way to go.

tankster, Jul 6, 2009
Ask a Question