Installed Vista Today

Discussion in 'Windows' started by GvidoR, Nov 22, 2008.

1. GvidoR

GvidoR

Hello all,
    I install Windows Vista Home Basic today. So far it is working great - no problems.
    All it didn't find was VGA, LAN and Wi-Fi drivers. I could only locate VGA and Wi-Fi but LAN wouldn't work. :( I don't use it that much but I'm sure I'll find the driver somewhere.

There is a reduction in heat and fan noise. It was hotter and more noisy on XP. I like Vista very much, I'm going to stick with it till Windows 7 final version.

The only thing that doesn't work is Windows Aero. Can anyone help ?
    I've heard that people get Aero working on the Aspire One's. My VGA driver is installed but it still doesn't work... :(
    Thanks...!! ;)

GvidoR, Nov 22, 2008
  2. GvidoR

laughinboy

The Aero interface is not included in Home Basic per se. But if you search Google with lets say "Vista Home Basic Aero" as your search criteria you will find some registry hacks that it enable it. Please note editing your Windows Registry incorrectly can make your Windows installation unstable/unusable if screw it up. So be warned!

laughinboy, Nov 23, 2008
  3. GvidoR

GvidoR

Thanks, I'll try that and I know the story about registry editing.
    But I think that I've seen Aero on Home Basic.... :?

GvidoR, Nov 23, 2008
  4. GvidoR

FehHkk

As said before, you need Vista Home Premium or Ultimate to have the Aero extensions.

It does work on the Aspire One no problems.

FehHkk, Nov 23, 2008
Ask a Question