Installing Adobe Illustrator

Discussion in 'Windows' started by vaca, Sep 3, 2008.

1. vaca

vaca

Hello,

I've read in other posts that people are succesfully running Illustrator and other Adobe products. I just tried installing Illustrator CS3 into my A1 120GB and I get an error. The install program complains that the minimum required resolution must be 1024 x 768. How can I get around this limitation, and how have others managed to install it?

thanks in advance

vaca

vaca, Sep 3, 2008
  2. vaca

fateastray

change the resolution. The Intel Graphics Media software in the tray lets it go up to a 1200-something by something. Then you can install. Revert your res, and run Illustrator.

Just as a note, when I installed Photoshop CS3 with Illustrator implemented it did NOT prompt me for my (standarD) resolution.

fateastray, Sep 3, 2008
  3. vaca

ztbishop

I had the same issue last week. Only a few adobe products make you do it. Somewhere was a box to allow "non-standard" numbers...wish I could remember but I was half asleep. It was either in the refresh rate of the monitor panel, or it was in the intel panel. After doing this, just right clicking on the desktop and going to "properties" would show more resolutions. After setting a higher res, the entire monitor would just pan around when you reach the edge of the screen.

ztbishop, Sep 3, 2008
  4. vaca

vaca

For some reason I only get to choose either 800x600 or 1024x600, both in the Windows display settings and Graphics Media . No settings allows me to take it to 1200 :?:

Thanks

vaca, Sep 3, 2008
  5. vaca

vaca

I finally managed... had to reboot into VGA mode by hitting F8 at startup. Then I was able to select different resolutions and install Illustrator.

vaca, Sep 4, 2008
  6. vaca

moeller

I can use F8 to set the display resolution to 1024 x 768. But when I boot the next time, the resolution is reseted to 1024 x 600. How can I save my resolution to 1024 x 768? Please email soon. Tks

moeller, Sep 17, 2008
  7. vaca

moeller

:D
    go to settings in display properties and then advanced and then monitor take the tick out of the box for hide modes this monitor cannot display. Now you can choos 1024x768 as a scrollable size in settings.
    You must call a bat File with Qres /x:1024 /y:768 after every boot. (Because the settings are not restored.)
    You can Find Qres there http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Other-VIDEO-Tools/QRes.shtml

moeller, Sep 23, 2008
Ask a Question