Installing Jolicloud but can't get the USBcreator working

Discussion in 'Linux' started by etphonehome, Nov 28, 2010.

1. etphonehome

etphonehome

I am a complete Linux virgin. I have been using my Acer aspire oneA0A 150b-Ab on the basic Linpus Lite OS. But it just doesn't do all that I need it to do and I'm getting cross with it (finally)

So I have looked into it and suspect Jolicloud might be the easiest thing for me to install and use. However, I downloaded the iso.torrent file and tried to use the USB creater but I get an error message (cannot convert string "Nil2" to type FontStruct) which when I searched for it said I needed to install python. I have no idea where to start. I tried following the Jolicloud help steps to create the USB manually

When I try it says the file specified does not appear large enough to be a valid image. If I continue anyway it claims to have done it. But when I try to boot from it nothing happens...
    So frustrating.
    Do I just give up and buy bloody Windows 7 or can anyone guide me to a step by a step walkthrough that a total novice like me could deal with, please?

etphonehome, Nov 28, 2010
  2. etphonehome

kostmayer

Re: Installing Jolicloud but can't get the USBcreator workin

First off, what operating system is on the machine you're trying to create the usb key on? is it you Acer Aspirer or a different machine?

kostmayer, Dec 7, 2010
  3. etphonehome

etphonehome

Re: Installing Jolicloud but can't get the USBcreator workin

The OS is still the original Linpus Lite installation. I have installed updates as they've come up, but obviously there haven't been any for ages as it's not supported any more...

etphonehome, Dec 7, 2010
Ask a Question