Installing New Wifi Card Help Pls

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by sickstick, Nov 20, 2008.

1. sickstick

sickstick

Hi Everyone

So Ive bought a new dell 1490 wifi card to put in my aspire one, however after removing the the two screws on the back case (hoping to find the original wifi card inside) i found a big empty space :?

Now Ive had wifi working so i know it has a card somewhere. Any one know where i should be looking??

Cheers

EDIT - Ah think i may have discovered that the card is actually inside and you have to dismantle the entire acer to get to it?

sickstick, Nov 20, 2008
  2. sickstick

ahovis

Yes, your suspicions are correct. You need to open the unit to install the card. Take a look at one of the guides for installing RAM and/or hard drive and you will see how it is done. I had a hard time the first time especially getting the keyboard out but after that it is a breeze. Good luck.

ahovis, Nov 20, 2008
  3. sickstick

solman

also check out youtube, i recently found a few clips of people doing a walkthrough of taking it apart that helped much more than simple text instructions. look for the video of the guy using a credit card to help take the keyboard and case apart.

solman, Nov 20, 2008
  4. sickstick

sickstick

Thank you for your replies will check out both of your suggestions :)

Also just wanted to quickly ask is it normal for the standard wifi card to just drop out of device manager completely in vista?

Cheers :mrgreen:

sickstick, Nov 20, 2008
Ask a Question