Installing one copy of Win 7 on two comps

Discussion in 'Windows' started by dinb, Oct 23, 2009.

1. dinb

dinb

Can I install one copy of Win7 on both my desktop and my mini laptop since I don't want to choose and I am not sure if there is point in getting two licences. I know that with Vista there was a way to install on more than one machine. My main reason for wanting win 7 on the netbook is that I could use the second sd slot as a permant readyboost SD slot.

Thanks

dinb, Oct 23, 2009
  2. dinb

silentkv

I did this with the RC (one on the netbook and the other on the mac) and it worked fine but now that I paid for the retail, I'm a little hesitant to try it and I don't really need to install it on the mac.

silentkv, Oct 26, 2009
  3. dinb

Mickey Way

I don't know what country you are in, but if you are in the US, you can buy the Home Premium Family Pack that upgrades 3 computers on one license. This is a limited run only in the US, and when they are gone...they're gone. I just picked one up at WalMart for $149. ($50 per computer)

Mickey Way, Oct 27, 2009
  4. dinb

hanso

Luckily this is available also in the rest of the world. English verson only. Bought one in the Netherlands for 130 euro, a very good deal!

hanso, Nov 1, 2009
Ask a Question