Installing Tiger 10.4.8?

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by DopyG, Apr 14, 2009.

1. DopyG

DopyG

I'm sorry if this been posted before, but I couldnt find anything about it...

I want to know if someone here tried to install Tiger 10.4.8 on AOA 150 and how it runs compared to Leopard... Like hyperthreading working or wireless etc.
    Can anyone tell me if they tested Tiger 10.4.8 on AOA 150?
    If someoen did plz post your tweaks and workarounds inclusive bugs and errors, and a short summary of how you installed it...

DopyG, Apr 14, 2009
  2. DopyG

rory

Why would you want tiger? I think most patches therse days are for leopard only. I was reading about a dell earlier where the fixes were all for leopard and a guy wanted tiger but none of the kextx worked.

rory, Apr 14, 2009
  3. DopyG

gregedwards

For one, because it more responsive, snappier and boots faster than Leopard and has a smaller footprint. This is because it was designed for older, lower specced machines than the latter. Just as many people prefer XP over Vista on their netbook. Yes Vista runs quite well, but XP is generally faster. It depends what you want from it.

My imac came with Tiger that booted and shutdown much faster than the subsequent (clean) install of Leopard. Not to mention being a bit snappier here and there. I have however stuck with Leopard as it does offer more and better features. I do miss the speed of Tiger though.

Hopefully when Snow Leopard ships with all the legacy code removed we should get back to super speed again. I can't wait to use this on my imac and see it in action on the Acer. I'm sure there'll be hacks even before it officially ships.

gregedwards, Apr 14, 2009
  4. DopyG

rory

Fair point, Never used Tiger in a way I would remember (I have used it but it was a long tim ago, and also pre-tiger too, but only fr browsng on y mums mac at work) so I can't say anything more,
    Ont thing though, if we could get retail working on the AAO, I have snow leopard seeds, adn there are always new ones being released, don't see why it would work, but apple might have new measures to stop hacks in snow leopard.
    Might try later...

rory, Apr 14, 2009
  5. DopyG

gregedwards

Yeah, I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work either. It should work even better hopefully as it should be intel only. Apple may well build in new anti hacking measures, but you just know someone will find a work-around. They always do.

gregedwards, Apr 14, 2009
  6. DopyG

DopyG

DopyG, Apr 14, 2009
  7. DopyG

2manydjs

2manydjs, Apr 15, 2009
Ask a Question