Installing windows. Also WoW.

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Enuf, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Enuf

Enuf

If i had the disk could i just pop it in and install it? Its a modded xp pro.

Also would i be able to run world of warcraft? It meets all the specs and stuff.

Enuf, Sep 23, 2008
  2. Enuf

woofer00

If you had an external cd-rom drive, sure. Otherwise, you'll need to transfer your XP to a flash drive for a USB installation. WoW will be similar although I believe Blizzard might have downloadable clients available.
    WoW will run, but all visuals will need to be turned off. You probably won't be able to keep up with the graphics during raids, though. At best you'll be able to quest and do simple tasks, but major fights (raids, bg, etc) might be out of the question.

woofer00, Sep 23, 2008
  3. Enuf

Gleth

I did this the other day using a new copy of XP Home. (I have an external DVD drive)

The easiest way to install WoW is to copy the WoW folder from your desktop pc rather than installing from discs. I did this myself and it only took a couple of minutes to transfer the 9.1GB of files onto an external HD, rather than the couple of hours a normal install takes.

With all the graphics turned to minimum the framerate is good enough for questing, (running down the inside of the totem pole with the flightmaster in it in ThunderBluff it was visibly smooth) and with the drivers off the asus ftp site WoW will run in 1024x600 widescreen mode rather than 800x600.

Gleth, Sep 24, 2008
  4. Enuf

bymarkgale

Hi all I wonder if anyone can help I am trying to install xp from a flash drive.
    I have made it bootable and used multiboot to produce the drive but keep getting error messages saying certain files are missing :cry:
    I have even tried using a download of an xp recovery disk for the acer one available online but still have the same problems.
    Can anyone help please?

bymarkgale, Sep 24, 2008
Ask a Question