Installing XP

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Ryan0rz, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Ryan0rz

Ryan0rz

Hey, I'm trying to install tiny xp to my aspire one. Im using Ron's TinyXP image, and although it was designed for the SSD version, I had read that it works on the HD version too. So I gave it a bash, followed the instructions correctly, but I am currently stuck at one of the later stages! Please help :(

19) your mouse doesn't work in ghost cause no drivers installed. Use TAB/ARROWS and [ENTER].
    20) choose LOCAL -> DISK -> FROM IMAGE then hit [ENTER].
    21) CHOOSE FROM: select the folder made in point 09).
    22) select the TINYXP.GHO -> open then hit [ENTER].
    23) CHOOS LOCAL DESTINATION: select your SSD drive (part 2/size 7695) the hit [ENTER].

What do I do here? :?:

Ryan0rz, Apr 25, 2009
  2. Ryan0rz

solpuerto

Hi Ryan0rz

You have posted this in a Linux section you should be better off posting it under Windows.

Best wishes

solpuerto, Apr 25, 2009
  3. Ryan0rz

Guest Guest

Here is what you should do. Just choose your partition even when it's larger than the 8GB of SSD. And yes it will work as well on the AAO with HDD. The 10" version seems to have different hardware what will require the proper drivers. Otherwise it should work for use ass well.

Ron[nl]

Guest, May 2, 2009
Ask a Question