Intel Iris Xe lags/freezes

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Omar5600, Aug 24, 2023.

1. Omar5600

Omar5600

First of all, this is a new laptop, I know bought it less than 2 months ago. Basically my graphics drivers work on default settings meaning that on light usage, the laptop uses Intel Iris Xe, and on heave usage, it switches to nividia rtx 3050. What happens in my case, every time I start the laptop, wake up from sleep, or shut down, it lags/freezes a bit on the login screen which lasts for only a second or two. After signing in, the same lag also happens after clicking on WIFI sign in the taskbar. The lag doesn't happen when I set the default graphic driver to nividia 3050 through nividia control panel settings. That's how I found out that the problem is with Intel. Also those lags only occur with very certain actions like the ones I mentioned but other than that, the laptop works just fine, no issues at all. I have the right drivers installed as recommended by ASUS (the customized ones not the latest ones provided by intel and nividia). I tried clean installation of Windows 11 as well but it didn't work.

Omar5600, Aug 24, 2023
  2. Omar5600

System Optimizer

Do you have Armoury Crate installed? If so, in the "i" / home section what GPU Mode is set? (Ex: Ultimate, Standard, Eco Mode, Optimized)

What state are you listed as running in there? (Ex: Windows, Silent, Performance, Turbo, or Manual)

How about Nvidia DDS? (Or what is your setting in Nvidia Control Panel -> 3D Setting -> Manage Display mode) is that set to Automatic Select or Optimus?

Is the issue occurring both when plugged in for power and when running on battery?

Is it only the internal laptop screen being projected to, or are you displaying to something else by HDMI, Display port, or wireless display?

System Optimizer, Sep 23, 2023
  3. Omar5600

Omar5600

GPU mode is set to Ultimate and state is turbo when plugged in. On battery power, GPU mode is set to standard and state is Windows.

In Nividia Control Panel, the settings were on auto select but now I changed it to manual (nividia rtx 3050) so that it doesn't switch to intel iris xe.

It is occurring on both situations, plugged in and battery power.

It is only the internal laptop screen being projected to. I'm not using any external displays at all.

Omar5600, Sep 25, 2023
Ask a Question