internal bluetooth led ??

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by vpgtd, Mar 31, 2009.

1. vpgtd

vpgtd

ok so i have the internal bluetooth but wanted the led to be located by the wifi switch i noticed there is a led there has anyone found out what it is for or how to use it . i can just gonna place the led from the bluetooth dongle there. i am meaning the one to the left of the switch

vpgtd, Mar 31, 2009
  2. vpgtd

fridtear

That one is left for 3G on/off indicator. The 3G switch and the led itself are both workable if the missing 3G module is correctly installed.

fridtear, Apr 1, 2009
  3. vpgtd

Scissors

And if your ballsy enough, you can cut the leads to the aforementioned LED and reroute the bluetooth led there.
    Although with the smaller dongles it'll take some hardcore precision soldering to reroute those tiny diodes.

Doesn't seem too hard though. I've been thinking about it.

Scissors, Apr 1, 2009
  4. vpgtd

vpgtd

well i have a lot of solder tools as i modded a buncha 360 controllers. i wasnt thinking about using the led but just removing the clear plastic and putting it right there on the stock led. but yeah smd led can be a pain to use. i have no plan to install a 3g card since my phone broadcast wifi

vpgtd, Apr 2, 2009
Ask a Question