Intrepid Ibex

Discussion in 'Linux' started by fuzz, Sep 11, 2008.

1. fuzz

niem102

Thank you very much!
    I won't be able to connect via Ethernet until tomorrow or the next day when I get back to school, but I'll report back then.

niem102, Nov 29, 2008
  2. fuzz

niem102

Alright I got that to work (but haven't tested to see if that fixed the wireless successfully just yet), but I have one more problem. It's telling me there are updates available, but it won't let me update. I'm getting some sort of error saying I have to run a file manually. Anyone know how to fix that?

niem102, Dec 1, 2008
  3. fuzz

craggsy

Big Bump, but I didnt want to make a new thread.

After an auto update the wifi/ethernet on my aao stopped working. Saying as I had nothing I really needed installed, I just reinstalled 8.10 over the top. Now I knew wifi wouldn't work out of the box, but ethernet would.

So I install it, boot up, ethernet shows it is connected. Load FF no pages can be displayed. Try to run wget can't get anything. I have reinstalled 3 times now, formatting everything each time. Any ideas/solutions ? I tried the madwifi install, that worked and allowed me to enter my wifi details, however i kept getting the error where it can't connect and puts your passkey in to hex.

Any ideas ?

Adam

Ok u have no idea, but I restarted then ethernet was working, so i downloaded the sicboy kernel and installed that and now wifi works. No idea how but oh well its working.

craggsy, Feb 4, 2009
Ask a Question