Intrepid Two Finger Scrolling?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Synx, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Synx

Synx

Has anyone gotten two finger scrolling to work in Intrepid or any version for that matter. I have messed with the hal fdi configs a number of times as well as the old way of putting the synaptic options in the xorg.conf. This guide would lead me to believe it should be working, http://sites.google.com/a/mg8.org/ubunt ... /scrolling but editing the xorg.conf is no longer the proper way to do these sorts of things.

Synx, Dec 10, 2008
  2. Synx

samguyjones

I tried putting the settings in the xorg.conf. I managed to add circular scrolling that way, but when I added the two finger tap for a right click, X stopped coming up. I'd really like to be able to right click without pushing that button, so let me know if you find something that works.

samguyjones, Dec 12, 2008
  3. Synx

rtiangha

I'd be happy to help figure this out, but I've never heard or used two-finger scrolling before (not a Mac guy; I hear they use it over there).

Is there any help on-line that explains how that's supposed to work in general so I'll know if my hacks are working or not?

rtiangha, Dec 13, 2008
  4. Synx

chris.h

chris.h, Dec 14, 2008
  5. Synx

samguyjones

I did a little more research. man synaptics (there are also websites with this man page) has a set of options for the Synaptic touchpad.

As best I can tell, the pad just doesn't report multi-finger taps. However, you can RTCornerButton, RBCornerButton, LTCornerButton or LBCornerButton to define more buttons.

So if you edit your xorg.conf, go into the "synaptics" input device and add a line like this:

Code:
         Option "RTCornerButton"  "3"

You're setting a tap in the upper-right corner to be a right mouse click.

samguyjones, Dec 17, 2008
Ask a Question