IPC X-DL 10.5.6 Install Tutorial (With Atheros Wlan)!

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by blizzerdz, May 11, 2009.

1. blizzerdz

Iperzampem0

Kext was removed???

Iperzampem0, May 18, 2009
  2. blizzerdz

cybershrike

So wireless networking works out the box?

I'll probably grab it and install it tonight, but for those that have got it up and running what's the stability/kernel panic rate like? I'm currently using iAtkos and 10.5.5 with the patched .kexts for wireless, and whilst the wireless works *some* times it's not ideal, but the amount of kernel panics I get is absolutely unreal. I get them when I boot, when I'm in the OS, when the OS has *just* loaded etc, which is a bit of a killer!

cybershrike, May 19, 2009
  3. blizzerdz

xtr.eme

Struggling to get it booting from a flash drive, any ideas? I've tried the mac os helper method which didnt work.

xtr.eme

xtr.eme, May 19, 2009
  4. blizzerdz

kikorro

Pleeeease, could anyboy confirm that the wlan is working with the Atheros? I dont want to reopen the AAO again in order to change the wifi card.

Thanks

kikorro, May 21, 2009
  5. blizzerdz

crickyo

same here! would like to know if wifi works before i spend 6 hours downloading it :ugeek:

crickyo, May 22, 2009
  6. blizzerdz

doxx

IOPCIFamily,Kext Patch,IPOCMCIA Family

killed my AO1 big time, disabled both during install - smooth sailing

doxx, May 23, 2009
  7. blizzerdz

Bandrew

So installed this last night, everything went great, but my wifi doesn't work...

Bandrew, Jun 10, 2009
  8. blizzerdz

sihill

in my opinion if you wish to use OSX as your main Os on Aspire One i sugest you to swap default installed atheros 5007 for broadcom or something like that. Kismac is not a long time answer for wifi problem. When i was running Leopard on my AA1 i've been always angry when i had to launch kismac everytime when i boot osx. Another thing that kismac method is not working 100% so u have to know it. Summaring, If you wish to use mainly OSX buy broadcom, If u want just to play and try this one, use KisMac. I am waiting for third solution to get working stock 5007.

Sorry for my english if it wasn't correct :) just tell me if i am making many mistakes :)

sihill, Jun 10, 2009
Ask a Question