Ipod Nano 4g and Linpus

Discussion in 'Linux' started by charlesterror, Dec 10, 2008.

1. charlesterror

charlesterror

I have tried, unsuccessfully, to sync my ipod to mi aao. I have even corrupted the ipod's database. Only thanks to Media Monkey -yeah, not even itunes helped me out- i was able to reconstruct the database and play again my precious music. I've tried to install banshee via yum but, it says it can't be installed due to problem that conflicts:
    Transaction Check Error:
    file /usr/share/desktop-directories/Internet.directory from install of gnome-menus-2.20.1-1.fc8 conflicts with file from package xfdesktop-acer-lp-1652.mcs_patched
    file /usr/share/desktop-directories/Settings.directory from install of gnome-menus-2.20.1-1.fc8 conflicts with file from package xfdesktop-acer-lp-1652.mcs_patched

Well, lots of packages seem to be that way with linpus. I'll try to install amarok and see what it can be done. By the way, the program that corrupted my ipod was gtkpod.

charlesterror, Dec 10, 2008
  2. charlesterror

charlesterror

Crossing fingers!!! I've just installed amarok and it detected my ipod quickly. Not like an ipod nano 4g but as an ipod video black. I'm copying my musc collection into the computer. I sincerely hope that all will be fine... I know it's too much to ask, but perhaps even artwork will work. It that't the case, I have now my second favorite player :) will update what happens after the collection is copied and what happened in both my ipod and in the music collection.

3. charlesterror

charlesterror

Well, my music collection is now on my computer, but as i feared, my ipod is now useless. The database has been changed... I'll recur to Media Monkey in another laptop. Any advice would be great :s

Ask a Question