Is the backlight CCFL or LED?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Aeroraptor, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Aeroraptor

Aeroraptor

I've done a few searches, and it seems to be that the general consensus is LED, what with being able to see specific spots when viewed from far away, or with a white pattern displayed. That said, a good friend of mine (who's managed to convince me to get an AAO, or rather his AAO has, he didn't do much talking) is rather sure that his model, a blue A150X, has a CCFL. It has a "warning this product contains mercury blah blah" label on the bottom, and the service manual mentions an inverter, which DC-using LEDs don't need. Is it a variance between models, or a "which ever is cheaper this week for acer" type thing?

It doesn't really matter, but I'm one of those people who fidgets constantly unless he knows the answer to a completely trivial yes or no question; genearlly people never really understand why I have this incessant need to know whether that shirt is polyester or cotton. In any case, I plan on purchasing my very own A150X within the next week or so, it should prove a curious and back-relieving upgrade from my 7.5lb R61i thinkpad. I guess this could be considered one of those "Hark, stranger, you are one of me!" posts.

Aeroraptor, Dec 10, 2008
  2. Aeroraptor

jinx022

Try reading "Official specifications" sticky nearby in this thread.

jinx022, Dec 10, 2008
  3. Aeroraptor

Aeroraptor

I saw that, but it doesn't explain the mercury sticker or the inverter, or the lack of the weird light spots when you view from far off.

Aeroraptor, Dec 10, 2008
Ask a Question