Is there a newer, better laptop for me than my Dell XPS 15

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Huck Rorick, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Huck Rorick

Huck Rorick

I have a Dell XPS 15 9530. I’m wondering if there is anything new that is better. Of course “better” depends on what you want. I do a lot CAD and graphics and starting some video. I also travel with my computer so portability is important. The specs that matter to me (and what I have on the XPS 15) are:
    1. Weight: 4.5 lbs. (Maximum weight 4.5 lbs. Lighter would be better.)
    2. Screen size: 15.6” (I don’t want anything smaller, and probably not larger to keep the size of the laptop down. I need it to fit in a briefcase and be truly portable.)
    3. Screen Resolution: 3200x1800 (I have found this to be unusable on my laptop because so far software titles are too small and can’t be adjusted. I have set my laptop to run at 1920x1080. However, I use an external monitor at 3200x1800.)
    4. RAM: 16 GB (I want more)
    5. CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4702HQ CPU @ 2.20GHz 4 Cores (I want faster)
    6. Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT750M 2 GB RAM (I want faster. I do a lot of CAD and graphics work)
    7. Hard Drive: 512 GB SSD (I want something bigger. Maybe a 1 TB hard drive, not SSD, would be OK. I routinely use a USB external hard drive because I can’t fit everything on the 512 GB SSD. I probably will want bigger than 1 TB in the future.)
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Huck

Huck Rorick, Jan 24, 2016
  2. Huck Rorick

PingPongCall

Whats the budget you're working with here?

PingPongCall, Jan 27, 2016
Ask a Question