ITunes Movies

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by maler, Sep 17, 2008.

1. maler

maler

Spent some time last night downloading an itunes movie to play on my AAO but got an error message DRMI codec or something. Tried VLC and Media Player. After some research it appears unless you play this on an apple product you ain't getting to see it. Can someone confirm or deny this? Also as an aside can somebody recommend a good site to download recent movies? Thanks.

maler, Sep 17, 2008
  2. maler

Murgatroid

You need to use iTunes to view apple content due to their DRM. XP/Vista and OS/X only. Linux users are SOL...

How did you download an iTunes movie without iTunes? iTunes movies don't work well for sharing as they are locked to a particular iTunes account. You are better off looking for divx or similar.

-steve

Murgatroid, Sep 17, 2008
  3. maler

maler

Sorry I didn't make that clear. I was downloading on my desktop. Planned to just save the movie on USB and then play on XP version of AAO. Didn't realise the complications of itunes format.

maler, Sep 17, 2008
  4. maler

myfoothurts

You can easily set sharing on your desktop, then your entire itunes library will show up on the AAO and you play all of music and movies while it streams from the desktop; no need to use a USB drive or transfer anything.

myfoothurts, Sep 19, 2008
  5. maler

AFflyer71

Just like with any other computer you need to download iTunes to the AA1 and then add it to your account. You can have a total of 5 computers on your iTunes account. If you are looking to download movies without DRM then Divx is the the way to go. Cheers...

AFflyer71, Sep 21, 2008
Ask a Question