Jerky flash video

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Sachin, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Sachin

Sachin

Thanks to this forum, I have opened up linpus to the xcfe desktop. However I'm struggling to watch iPlayer, youtube or other flash videos such as streaming footie. The picture is really jerky. Full screen is definitely out. Is this normal? If so what can I do to improve this performance? I've read that people have mixed feelings about linpus...would a change of OS or increase of ram help? What about increasing the amount of ram for video? I can do all of these thing comfortably in my gf's similar spec ibook...

Thanks

Sachin, Jan 24, 2009
  2. Sachin

daldred

I don't have much problem with jerky flash playback (and the occasional issues are probably down to wireless bandwidth quite a long way from the router).

There are quite a few threads about jerky video generally, and some people have said that disabling compiz helps - have you looked through the threads concerned?

daldred, Jan 24, 2009
  3. Sachin

dskid807

Updating flash player usually helps. Upgrade from Flash Player 9 to 10.

dskid807, Jan 24, 2009
Ask a Question