Jolicloud Unveiled - Spangly Video

Discussion in 'Linux' started by cybershrike, Jun 1, 2009.

1. cybershrike

cybershrike

Oooh, it's going to be a tough call between this and Moblin when they both get out there!

cybershrike, Jun 1, 2009
  2. cybershrike

Andysan

My boats in the Moblin dock at the moment, assuming i can run standard Linux apps and it's not just a glorified portal. Not that Jolicloud doesnt look impressive, i'm just a little disappointed thats its not a full blown OS. :)

Andysan, Jun 1, 2009
  3. cybershrike

JimK

Kind of looks like Cloud by gOS (see http://www.thinkgos.com/cloud/index.html). It says Cloud is both an app and an OS. I wonder how that would be different from using a minimalist desktop environment like TWM and autostarting Firefox and maybe a launch bar with links.

JimK, Jun 1, 2009
  4. cybershrike

cybershrike

I'm more of a fan of Ubuntu/Deb over Fedora (just what I cut my teeth on in Linux), so it'll be a tough call. I do like quite a lot of Moblin's features, but it uses quite a lot of changes that mean packages will have to be ported from Fedora to Moblin, whereas it looks like Jolicloud might be able to tap into Ubuntu's huge repo's

cybershrike, Jun 2, 2009
Ask a Question