Jolicloud

Discussion in 'Linux' started by finnbakk, Nov 2, 2010.

1. finnbakk

finnbakk

I now have installed Jolicloud 1.0, http://www.jolicloud.com on my AA1, basic model with 512 MB Ram.
    Works very well on this box, boots fast, responds smoothly, takes a minimum of storage capacity.

finnbakk, Nov 2, 2010
  2. finnbakk

Creideiki

Have you had and sound issues? With previous versions, I kept loosing my sound after it was installed. I tried various fixes on the support site, but none worked.

<C>

Creideiki, Nov 2, 2010
  3. finnbakk

finnbakk

No. Sound worked ok. But after some days I found that I didnt like the distro. Did not understand the reason for it. Many of the "apps" seems to be just shortcuts to urls that opens websites in Chrome. Really no very smooth either. And bugs. No flash unless you run applications from local HD et. So I have tried Mint 9 LXDE, but the wifi quits all the time.

Maybe now back to Ubuntu Netbook. But I fear it is still too heavy. and slow.

finnbakk, Nov 16, 2010
  4. finnbakk

finnbakk

Installed Jolicloud 1.1 prewiev. Like it better than I did after first impression of ver. 1.0 Now waiting for the final release which in fact is set for today, but maybe there will be a delay.

finnbakk, Dec 7, 2010
  5. finnbakk

jango

Any feedback???

jango, Dec 8, 2010
  6. finnbakk

finnbakk

I have dropped Jloicloud, beacause it is too slow on a box like this with little resources. I read that the eternal network connection makes it slow when there is only 512 MB Ram. An other user writes in this forum: "only the front screen is different -- as well with the NBR as with Jolicloud -- but the rest is Ubuntu Gnome version" I'm no trying out Fedora 14 LXDE which looks promising, smooth.

finnbakk, Dec 13, 2010
Ask a Question