Kernel Updates Problems Ubuntu

Discussion in 'Linux' started by kelokera, Feb 1, 2009.

1. kelokera

kelokera

laptops to crash

After re-installing twice I have found what caused my acer aspire one to crash. It is one or all of the following updates..

linux headers 2.6.24-23

linux headers 2.6.24-23-generic

linux-image-2.6.24-23-generic

All have to do with the Linux kernel.

When I re-installed for the second time I updated everything except these updates and it re-booted fine.
    If you have the kernel panic on your acer aspire one dont install this updates and remember this is for ubuntu 8.10 on acer aspire one 160 GB

kelokera, Feb 1, 2009
  2. kelokera

ajayre

I thought Ubuntu 8.10 shipped with kernel 2.6.27, with the kernel you mention being for Ubuntu 8.04.1... If so it could be an incompatibility somewhere.

Andy

ajayre, Feb 2, 2009
  3. kelokera

ajayre

Now I get the same thing on Ubuntu 8.04.... thanks Canonical.....sigh.

ajayre, Feb 3, 2009
  4. kelokera

knutkja

I have just had the same experience with kernel panic using the Update Manager and installing all updates after installing 9.04 on my aao.

When I reinstalled the os and unchecked the packages before installing the updates, everything is fine!

Please note that the linux headers and image updates now might have slightly different numbers than those listed in the quoted posting.

knutkja, May 7, 2009
Ask a Question