Keyboard cause crash

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by JackDaniels, Oct 10, 2010.

1. JackDaniels

JackDaniels

I have a zg5 (AOA150) suddenly came with this behavior; hitting two keys at a time, like Fn + mute or Ctrl + Alt the screen goes black
    no HDD activity, no resume when hitting any other key... to resume normal operation I need to power off pressing the power button.
    Once start up again, no error information is show up... It is possible that the keyboard could be damage? keyboard can cause a short?
    No BIOS update have been made...yet...
    Is there any another user with the same behavior? Any advice??

Thanks!!

JackDaniels, Oct 10, 2010
  2. JackDaniels

Swarvey Moderator

I've seen this happen on other laptops, but it's usually fixed by a BIOS update. You could try re flashing your existing BIOS if you wanted to risk it.

Otherwise, try uninstalling and reinstalling the DriTek Launch Manager.
    Or try a USB keyboard, if it doesn't cause a crash, try removing and reinstalling the keyboard (and its ribbon cable)
    Or a new keyboard could resolve the issue. I got mine on eBay for about $14AUD

Other people may have other options, so if the above seems too risky, just wait for some other suggestions.

Swarvey, Oct 11, 2010
Ask a Question