Keyboard Clip

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Conor_M, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Conor_M

Conor_M

Hey everyone,
    I searched for this problem and found posts about it but no definitive solution. I've lost the keyboard clip to my aspire one (put too much pressure on it and it flew off, I've looked everywhere and can't find it) while I was disassembling the Aspire to add more RAM. From what I understand, I just need something to keep the keyboard ribbon tight in the connector. Do you have any suggestions as to how I could accomplish that? I'll buy the part off of anyone or any place that has it. Thanks!

Conor_M, Jun 2, 2009
  2. Conor_M

jerryt

You can take "card stock" or a business card. Cut a strip as wide as the ribbon connector, fold it in half. Cut the total length to about 1/4 inch. Install the cable, install the card stock on top of the ribbon cable. The open end of your folded card stock wedge should be facing out. Next you need to slide into the open end of the wedge either another piece of card stock or what ever is the proper thickness to apply press on the ribbon cable. I used a thin adhesive pad, which was spongee and had wax paper on both sides. I left the wax paper on the adhesive pad, so it slide into the card stock wedge easier.

jerryt, Jun 2, 2009
  3. Conor_M

Conor_M

Thanks a lot, I'll deffinetley give this a try :)

Conor_M, Jun 2, 2009
Ask a Question