Keyboard malfunction

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by floridaguy, Jul 13, 2009.

1. floridaguy

floridaguy

My aspire one keyoard is not working properly. I cannot use the cbx1, keys. I have uninstalled the keyoard driver ut that doesn't help. I called tech support but all i get is some non-english speaking people who insist that they will not help me until i give them the original purhase reciept, which i don't have. They tell ME that they know that it is under warranty but they still refuse to provide help. Does anyone have any suggestions? [email protected]

floridaguy, Jul 13, 2009
  2. floridaguy

jerryt

What are cbx1 keys?

jerryt, Jul 13, 2009
  3. floridaguy

garrovick

Addeed: Your credit card company or the retailer can provide a reciept.

garrovick, Jul 13, 2009
  4. floridaguy

floridaguy

CBX.....are the keys that don't work. Most are on the bottom row of keys, but there are numbers, etc which also do not work. When you strike these keys, nothing happens. Thus if you try to type "yahoo.com" you get "yahoo.om", etc. I have also contacted the merchant where it was purchased (Office Depot) and they did say that they could provide a receipt, but then they have not done so, even after being repeatedly contacted. The credit card folks can give you a document that shows you spent money, but not what it was spent FOR. When we bought the aspire, we also bought software and some other odds and ends, so our credit card info doesn't show the exact price paid for the computer.
    Which brings up my primary complaint about Acer. If they KNOW that it is under warranty (and they DO. They have repeatedly told me that they are sure it is under warranty) what the heck do they care about the receipt?????? It's THEIR product, its BROKE, and it's UNDER WARRANTY............doesn't matter who bought it or where...................???? This is a crappy company and they have sold their last product to me or anyone else that I can talk to first. :evil:

floridaguy, Jul 13, 2009
Ask a Question