Keyboard Mod Question

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by bcunningh, Aug 23, 2009.

1. bcunningh

bcunningh

I recently got an AA1-D250. After using a MacBook for the last 3 years, I'm used to how the keys on it are arranged. Particularly the 4 keys to the right of the Spacebar. I am hoping there is a way to modify the AA1 to be more like the MacBook. This would involve 2 mods. Software mod to make the keys perform the way I want. I'm looking for something that will work with XP and one that will work on Ubuntu. I'm not too familiar with either one right now having used OSX exclusively for 3 years. And Hardware mod to make the physical location match what the keys actually do. I'm not sure if it's safe to just pop the keys off and move them or if it's more complicated than that.

bcunningh, Aug 23, 2009
  2. bcunningh

Scissors

The keys relocate easily depending on which keys you wanna swap. Letters with letters, functions with functions.
    You obviously cannot swap shift with space.

Also note that functions are different than letters.

Scissors, Sep 21, 2009
  3. bcunningh

Forone

This is a very good free app for XP:

http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/

With the hardware, you're on your own, though I did pop a key off my A150 once to clean an obstruction, and got it back on alright. They're pretty fragile.

Forone, Sep 21, 2009
Ask a Question