Keyboard Problem in XP

Discussion in 'Windows' started by westonpf, Sep 1, 2008.

1. westonpf

westonpf

I have a 8GB/512Mb UK version AA1. I have installed Windows XP and all is running fine with the exception of the keyboard. The drivers are showing as the standard 102 Key but the @ and " keys along with a few others are mapped incorrectly. I have tried changing the regional settings but without luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions or could you let me know what drivers your keyboard uses in XP, there don't seem to be any drivers on the Acer site. The AA1 is being recognised as a laptop and has all the power functions that come with the laptop settings.

As this is my first post I would like to say this is a very useful resource, I have already found lots of useful info.

westonpf, Sep 1, 2008
  2. westonpf

cytech

Go back into the regional settings then the lang tab and text/input settings (sorry if not exact, i dont have an english version of windows at hand.) you probably have English USA set as default, if english(UK and N Irland ) is not in the list just add it and delete the USA version it should say somethign about "USA being set as default and changes will be made at the next reboot."

if UK is set as default then i dont really know why it wold still be using what sounds like a US layout.

cytech, Sep 2, 2008
Ask a Question