Keyboard tabs wont pop back on AOA150!

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by mjrascoe, Mar 2, 2010.

1. mjrascoe

mjrascoe

Hey all,

I replaced my keyboard today on my AOA150 and after installing the new one the little tabs above Pause/Break F8 and F2 wont pop back in place to secure the keyboard. Anyone else run into this problem before or know how to fix it? I've removed the keyboard before to change the wireless card and did not have this problem. Any help would be much appreciated!

-Mike

mjrascoe, Mar 2, 2010
  2. mjrascoe

^Andy^

I had this happen once but only with one of the tabs, I had pushed it in too far and it got stuck. I had to remove the palmrest and poke the tab around from the inside until it popped back out.

^Andy^, Mar 2, 2010
  3. mjrascoe

mjrascoe

thats what i was afraid of, guess i'll have to take the time to take everything apart after work tonight, at least it is fixable and i don't need any parts! the keyboard took 20 some days to get to my house from where all electronics on ebay seem to live now, Hong Kong lol. Thanks for the quick reply.

-Mike

mjrascoe, Mar 2, 2010
Ask a Question