Keyboard tabs

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Tikerz, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Tikerz

Tikerz

In disassembling the One to install RAM, I came to the part where you have to depress three tabs above the keyboard to remove it. Two of the three tabs failed to pop back out. So my keyboard is held in with the middle tab. You don't notice it while using it. I just can't figure out how to get the tab back out. The left one I can see inside the slit, but it won't pop out. The right one is missing. I don't think it broke off, but I can see clear through the slit. Has anyone else has these problems?

Tikerz, Aug 21, 2008
  2. Tikerz

Sid

When the case is open you can see the clips. If they are missing, you have no fix, unless you buy a new top half from Acer.

Sid, Aug 22, 2008
  3. Tikerz

kevinc628

Tinkerz
    Let me know if you can pop it out. I have all 3 inside. I am using 2 sided tape to hold the keyboard down.

kevinc628, Aug 22, 2008
  4. Tikerz

Sid

I have also seen blu tack used to "firm up" a flappy keyboard. But keep it away from the hot areas.

Sid, Aug 22, 2008
Ask a Question