Keyboard wont snap back in!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by brion1234, Jan 20, 2009.

1. brion1234

brion1234

Hello. I did the RAM upgrade mod, and everything came out perfect EXCEPT on reassembly I can not get the top part of the keyboard back in place! You know, with the three slots above the f2 key f8 and pause buttons? It wont snap back in! So now my keyboard wont sit right and is only held down by the bottom half... Does anyone know how to fix this, and if itis not fixable, what alternatives do I have?

brion1234, Jan 20, 2009
  2. brion1234

markh

I found that fiddly. I got a pair of credit cards and used them to push down on the keyboard base above the f-keys. Slow and steady does the trick.

markh, Jan 20, 2009
  3. brion1234

JoeCHecht

Did any of the snap tabs get stuck inside the plastic housing?

If so, turn the plastic housing over, and look at the end (the opposite side that you originally "pushed the snap tabs in" to get the keyboard out). You will see a black plastic strip across the back. Pull it down, and you will see the snap tabs from the other side. Using something like a small screwdriver, you can nudge them and get them to pop back into the hole.

J

JoeCHecht, Jan 20, 2009
Ask a Question