Kismet and Aircrack-ng

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Phil_Urich, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Phil_Urich

Phil_Urich

I was wondering if anyone has gotten any wireless detection/sniffing/etc tools working with the AA1? Although I've had issues getting SLAX/BackTrack to boot on mine I'm sure that could work, but I was wondering more whether anyone has gotten the stock Linpus install to work, and if so how far one had to go; I'm starting to figure that there's no way to get the stock drivers to go into monitor mode, for example (although when I run airodump-ng it gets far enough to disconnect me from the currently running network connection, heh, but then "ioctl(SIOCSIWMODE) failed: Invalid argument Error setting monitor mode on ath0"

Phil_Urich, Sep 11, 2008
  2. Phil_Urich

bicho_visacoso

Backtrack 3 works out of the box..

Under linpus, if you want to put wifi in monitor mode:

wlanconfig ath0 destroy
    wlanconfig ath0 create wlandev wifi0 wlanmonde monitor

then run airodump-ng... this works, but no injection and after a while, every detected network says that is using WPA even when being a WEP network. This makes imposible to catch any IV's even without injection. :(

bicho_visacoso, Sep 18, 2008
  3. Phil_Urich

LIV2

Not sure about Aircrack, but Kismet works fine with the Madwifi_bg source

LIV2, Sep 22, 2008
  4. Phil_Urich

bicho_visacoso

Ok, I've tried and kismet seems to work while airodump-ng doesn't. Anyway injection is not working... Anyone has a compiled module of madwifi for the limpus distribution?

bicho_visacoso, Sep 25, 2008
  5. Phil_Urich

Fishstick

airodump worked for me in linpus. Issues I noticed:
    - As mentioned, injection doesn't seem to work.
    - Setting monitormode through airmon-ng (airmon-ng stop ath0; airmon-ng start wifi0 ) will rename ath0 to ath%d0.

At least one time I've also kernel paniced during a dump trying to get ivs and writing them to a capturefile.

Fishstick, Sep 26, 2008
Ask a Question