Kmymoney

Discussion in 'Linux' started by mxb, Jan 12, 2009.

1. mxb

mxb

Just downloaded some games, FF3 & Kmymoney from Acer site.
    Games & FF3 run ok, although I don't like having to add a new tab manually everytime in FF3. I much prefer IE7's way of another blank tab being added automatically alongside everytime you open a new tab.
    Also IE7 has a "Links" bar so your most used favorites are only one click away.
    Having to search the Bookmarks list of FF3 is a pain. :x

I also downloaded Kmymoney, a personal finance app.....somewhere to record my rapidly disappearing savings :cry:
    Unfortunately when I click on the section to learn how to use it nothing happens ?
    There also a problem with the headings on some pages; they are missing until you move the cursor over that area then they magically appear ?
    Anyone else tried this app ?

mxb, Jan 12, 2009
  2. mxb

markh

The features you mention in explorer are available as FF add-ons. I'm currently at an an explorer machine, so I can't check, but I believe either Tab Mix Plus, or one called something like New Tab Button To Right, does the tab thing. I used to have it, but now I have something (probably Tab Mix Plus - it's a great add-on) set up to launch a new tab on middle click. I also think the bookmarks toolbar is actually a standard firefox feature - try in your view menu to turn it on. If this doesn't help, say so, and I'll have a look at my firefox later.

The philosophy of firefox is to deliver minimal features, and allow you to customise it. Have a look at addons.mozilla.org for these and other features.

Not tried the money app.

markh, Jan 12, 2009
  3. mxb

cpchan

No "open as tab" with middle click is standard feature, you don't need "tab me plus" for that.

Yes. Also, the url box in Firefox 3 will actually allow you to search (with completion) your bookmarks and history. The bookmarks are now stored in a sqlite3 database.

cpchan, Jan 12, 2009
  4. mxb

cpchan

cpchan, Jan 12, 2009
  5. mxb

markh

He and I were referring to the feature of having an openable tab at the right of the tabs on the tab bar, IE style, rather than middle click on a link to open in tab (which is also a handy feature). Tab mix plus has a "new tab button" option which is similar. New Tab Button Bn Tab Right also does the job.

The bookmarks toolbar is available from View/Toolbars. If you'd like a different bookmarks solution, the Opera-style Speeddial might be of interest.

I'd also agree that the search bar is very handy - I find that using tags means I can find most stuff without venturing into the menu. Keywords are also handy.

markh, Jan 12, 2009
Ask a Question