Laptop Display Flickers in intervals

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Venky A, Jul 18, 2024.

1. Venky A

Venky A

Dear Members,

I have an Asus TUF Gaming laptop with model no - Asus 705dt - Au016T with Win 10 OS on it.
    Owning it since 4 years. Had been playing moderately demanding games on it ever since I bought it.
    From a few months, the display has been showing signs of flickering which I ignored early on and used to gradually function back normal after some computer usage works.
    Recently, it has been showing frequent flickering in regular intervals of 2 to 3 seconds.

Things which I noticed about the issue was;
    a) when the Laptop went on a sleep mode cause of being idle, later the screen back ON by moving the mouse or keyboard , the flickering used to start again.
    b)The flickering used to develop only in areas were there were more dynamic changes on screen like motions or dynamic graphics on a page.

Later dismantled the laptop to diagnose some minor issues myself by searching on the internet, but after assembling back, the flickering became more persistent and in a certain pattern covering 75% of the screen.
    It flickers every 2 seconds interval.
    Pages are visible on the display screen but a layer of the same page flickers over it.

Can any one please help me. I also tried uninstalling the Display drivers which I had. Later the drivers got automatically installed on Windows startup.
    It doesn't seem like the Display screen has an issue, as I can see the pages clearly in between the flickering pattern.

Any suggestion / advice would be of great help.
    Thanks in advance.

Venky A, Jul 18, 2024
  2. Venky A

Venky A

I would like to upload a video of the issue, but there aren't any options to upload one.

Venky A, Jul 18, 2024
Ask a Question