Laptop isn't broken but wont open

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by 2629Charlo, Jul 27, 2023.

1. 2629Charlo

2629Charlo

Hey so like 2 days ago, it rained and I left my windows open.

When I came back home, I realized that some water had gotten on my laptop. It wasn't super close to the window so it can't have been that much water, but when I turned it upside, some water leaked out of the keyboard. So I set it down in a sorta tent shape on a towel for the past 2 days so that all the water would get out of there. It's been two days now and the laptop still won't open, but I know the laptop isn't broken because ever since the incident, the power light is blinking (which according to the user manual means the laptop is in sleep mode). Also, when I plug in the charger, the charging light is also on. Despite that, whenever I try to open the laptop by pressing the power button, nothing happens, no matter how long I press it.

Anybody got a fix?

2629Charlo, Jul 27, 2023
  2. 2629Charlo

anyabaker

It sounds like your laptop may have water damage. Water can be very damaging to electronic devices, and even a small amount of water can cause problems.

The fact that the power light is blinking and the charging light is on is a good sign, but it doesn't necessarily mean that the laptop is still working properly. It's possible that the water has caused some corrosion or damage to the internal components, which could be preventing the laptop from starting up.

Unfortunately, there's no way to know for sure without opening up the laptop and inspecting it. If you're comfortable doing so, you can try to open it up and see if you can see any signs of water damage. If you do see any water damage, it's best to take the laptop to a professional for repair.

If you're not comfortable opening up the laptop, you can try to take it to a repair shop. They will be able to inspect the laptop and determine if it's possible to repair.

anyabaker, Jul 28, 2023
Ask a Question