laptop with long battery life

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by Poolee, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Poolee

Poolee

I am looking for a 15 in laptop with a 9 or 12 cell user replaceable battery, Hopefully with a price in the $500 range. Any help would be great

Poolee, Jan 17, 2016
  2. Poolee

sadam tahir

buy hp chromebook

sadam tahir, Jan 27, 2016
  3. Poolee

Poolee

Hello, I just read your reply. I will look at the unit which you suggested. Thank you for the reply.

Poolee, Jan 30, 2016
  4. Poolee

Andorphin

Hello. You could take a look at the Dell Chromebook 13. It has an Intel i3-5005U or i5-5300U, around 2GB/4GB or 8GB RAM. As far as what your requirements are, I looked into what you typed and are pretty expensive, they go from 800$ to 1200$. This model that I mentioned has a 6 Cell battery along with 12 hours of usage. It's size is about 13'' by the way. The price varies around 400-430$. Hope I helped.

Andorphin, Feb 1, 2016
  5. Poolee

djtech

Yes, totally agree. Buy a Chromebook. The chromebooks used to be useless when they were launched, but today's chromebooks are amazing, and amazingly fast. And the OS has also become super awesome. I am backing up an old netbook right now, and I am going to install Chromium OS (the open source version of Chrome OS) on it mainly because the OS has now matured.

Also, what other system lets you install android apps on your system?

As already mentioned, look at the Dell Chromebook. The Toshiba Chromebooks are also just as good.

djtech, Feb 1, 2016
  6. Poolee

IcyBC

The Chromebook is very popular in schools around here. All the children are taught using the Chromebook, and if it lasted the hands of the children, I think you are in great shape.

IcyBC, Feb 1, 2016
  7. Poolee

Poolee

Thanks everyone, I will take a look at the Dell unit. My primary concern is battery life.... I don't do anything for which I need a high end unit. I look at you tube videos, Pool matches, Air plane stuff ( Air Force Retired) and once in a while some music and that's about it. I hang out at Burger King and there is no power, however Seniors get a coffee for $ 0.54

Poolee, Feb 1, 2016
  8. Poolee

IBMPC8088

You might want to check out the HP Pavillion DV6 series or higher, and have a look at Amazon's CBD 12 cell batteries for it. The replacement batteries are about $20 with free shipping, and last between 5 to 8 hours per charge or longer. Even though I'd prefer other models of laptops instead, if you're looking for battery life and long-term support for easy replacement batteries without getting something like a Chromebook, then the DV6 and the 12 cell batteries for it are a good choice since HP is going to be around for a long time and like IBM laptops, has a decent history of supporting older models for batteries still.

IBMPC8088, Feb 4, 2016
  9. Poolee

vinaya

You can try Toshiba. Toshiba is also the first company to manufacture laptops. What ever model you choose, you should always consider the battery cell. Always buy a laptop using 12 cell battery. This can give you back up for a long time

vinaya, Feb 4, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  10. Poolee

IBMPC8088

Mmm, I would have to disagree on that one. IBM was the first company to launch the laptop with the IBM 5155 Portable Personal Computer in 1984, followed by the Compaq SLT/286 in 1988, followed by the NEC Ultralite in 1989. I owned an IBM 5155, but not the other two. Toshiba started making laptops in 1985 (mostly proprietary models for businesses only until later on), but IBM beat them by about a year and a half. :) They would be the second oldest laptop manufacturer, so you were very close!

IBMPC8088, Feb 4, 2016
  11. Poolee

Personablue

I second the chromebook. If you are not looking for anything powerful then the chromebook is your best bet for the lasting battery life. Otherwise you can try the newer laptops from Intel's skylake platform. It has increased battery life a lot compared to previous platforms and still upping the power.

Personablue, Mar 11, 2016
Ask a Question