Latest madwifi drivers

Discussion in 'Linux' started by tymchn, Aug 9, 2008.

1. tymchn

tymchn

Hello,
    I am using the original Linpus OS installed on my AAO and having a lot of success with yum and installing extra software.
    However, I have been playing with the wifi and tools such as aircrack-ng and kismet, and having little success. Although the AAO comes with madwifi drivers, they do not seem to support injection mode... that or they dont seem to use the wifi hardware at full power. I was hoping to replace the existing ath driver with the latest madwifi build. I have seen the howto to create kernel modules but all I seem to need are the headers and build tools. Is there any way to combine that howto with the madwifi compilation instructions to do this? I would really like to be running the latest drivers but I dont want to break the exisitng linpus OS as it runs smoothly. I have had success with Xubuntu but in general day to day running it is far too un-optimized, the device is constantly pausing all the time despite the myriad of tweaks posted in this forum. I would really appreciate any help.
    Thanks in advance

tymchn, Aug 9, 2008
  2. tymchn

tymchn

Ok I managed to figure it out, and as hoped, the previous howto did help. Just follow the madwifi instructions to install and make sure that you download the kernel source and make sure it is linked to the modules build folder. You may have to install make if you havent done much compiling.

tymchn, Aug 10, 2008
  3. tymchn

jrs

Would you post a how-to in the forum? I was hoping to get this going while keeping linpus as well.

jrs, Aug 12, 2008
Ask a Question