LED Backlight Failure...help!

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by sincitylife, Jan 9, 2009.

1. sincitylife

sincitylife

:mrgreen: Howdy,
    The kids finally dropped my A110 Netbook and the Screen no longer lights up. :cry: The TFT Screens still displays; but I can only see this when I shine a flashlight directly onto the screen...since the LED Backlight has failed! :eek:
    I've seen replacement Acer Aspire Screens selling for $99 plus $20 Shipping&Handling on E-bay...but wonder if I can just replace the LED Backlight? I don't know much about LED Backlights & Inverters...and have had no luck with Google Search. :oops:
    I can't even find the part number for the LED Backlight or Inverter...is this because no such replacement part exist or isn't available for purchase?
    If anyone has replaced or repair their Acer Aspire One Netbook Screen before...your insight would be greatly appreciated. :p
    I'm not ready to shell out $120 bucks just yet! But if I have to; I will...unless another forum member can find me a cheaper alternative. :idea: I'll hold off until I hear what you guys/gals think what I should do. Cheers! :ugeek:

sincitylife, Jan 9, 2009
  2. sincitylife

sincitylife

Hey,
    I decided to ship it back to the acer manufacture. 1yr Manufacturer Warranty was still fair game. $12.80 shipping/insurance via usps 1st class. I had to register my serial# with Acer and Filled an online Service Request Form to printout and label my return package.
    :mrgreen: I'll keep you posted on my progress.

sincitylife, Jan 20, 2009
  3. sincitylife

sincitylife

Hello,
    21 days later...my netbook arrives! The acer repair tech replaced the entire LCD and surrounding bevel. Thank you Acer! :D
    I really missed my A110 netbook. Included a letter from the repair tech and an extended 90 day service warranty.

sincitylife, Feb 10, 2009
Ask a Question