Leopard 10.5.5

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by robotmaker, Sep 15, 2008.

1. robotmaker

zakfontaine

Is my kernel the problem? I never altered it. I'll try switching to vanilla and updating again or something.

zakfontaine, Sep 23, 2008
  2. robotmaker

dfiore

for those that are having issues. if you have a spare usb hdd, you can do this.

install iAtkos to that ext drive. boot to the ext, and and run the steps changing the install location to your internal drive.

dave

dfiore, Sep 23, 2008
  3. robotmaker

the_case

Mine failed at 13% as well.

So I went ahead and reinstalled iAtkos4 on an external drive and used that install to perform the update with my One's drive as the target.

It looks like something strange happened when I copied the extensions back for some reason, as at first I lost my keyboard, mouse and who knows what else.

Also, unless I boot with -x for safe mode, I get a full black screen and a mouse pointer (that I can move) instead of the blue screen and login window. Any one else have these sorts of troubles? If so, did you get them fixed?

UPDATE: I recopied my backed-up extensions folder and fixed permissions - now I get a blue screen with no mouse cursor. Lots of drive activity for a while, but that's about it.

UPDATE 2: gave up and just installed 10.5.4 again. I can live without the update and need my precious netbook for a roadtrip this week!

the_case, Sep 27, 2008
  4. robotmaker

denshaotoko808

Has anyone else tried the 10.5 update using the method from dfiore?

denshaotoko808, Oct 1, 2008
  5. robotmaker

amf5

I tried a very similar method (basically does the same thing) and it installs successfully, but I can't input anything - it boots fine, but I can't move the mouse cursor or type anything with the keyboard. In fact, I can't even input any text under single user mode! Anyone know what would cause this?

amf5, Oct 4, 2008
  6. robotmaker

dfiore

your apciplatform is not using a proper kext. thus ps2 is not working. try the one attached here :)

dave

dfiore, Oct 4, 2008
  7. robotmaker

amf5

I don't see any attachment...

EDIT: used the ACPIPlatform kext from 10.5.4 and all is working perfectly now. Thanks for the tip!

amf5, Oct 4, 2008
  8. robotmaker

denshaotoko808

Tried to do the update according to dfiore's post but got a kernel panic halfway through.

I guess I have to reinstall now. Has anyone got 10.5.5 working on the AAO? Hoping someone comes up with a step by step way that works.

denshaotoko808, Oct 12, 2008
  9. robotmaker

vl2006

I had kalyway updated all the way to 10.5.5 a couple of days ago but it did not have a working battery icon so it wasnt very usable everything else worked fine as it would on 10.5.4(iatkos). Ill try to find the forum again and post the link incase any of you want to try it.

vl2006, Oct 12, 2008
  10. robotmaker

vl2006

vl2006, Oct 12, 2008
  11. robotmaker

overflowonline

Hi guys, i tryed to upgrade to 10.5.5 this week-end whitout success.

My question is:

At this time is possibile upgrade to 10.5.5?? in my test i have problem with video card, without intelgma950 and intelframebuffer kext is ok (800x600 resolution) but when i load this extesion the system freeze after the boot..
    The only way to load leopard with the correct resolution is type at the boot: -x -v..

Please help!! thanks!!

overflowonline, Oct 13, 2008
Ask a Question