libxfce4util

Discussion in 'Linux' started by tripelty, Nov 6, 2008.

1. tripelty

tripelty

Hi
    and thanks for the great forum. Helped me a lot already.

I'm quite new to linux and need some help. I'd like to install libxfce4util-devel to be able to modify and build RPMs, but it's not possible as i have acer's version of libxfce4util. Is it possible to trick Add/Remove program to think acer's version as the normal libxfce4util or something?

Thanks!

tripelty, Nov 6, 2008
  2. tripelty

RockDoctor

You could always download the rpm file from the Fedora repository, then force the install. I think you can do it in one step as follows, but no guarantees:
    Code:
    sudo rpm -ivh --force --nodeps [url]http://koji.fedoraproject.org/packages/libxfce4util/4.4.2/1.fc8/i386/libxfce4util-devel-4.4.2-1.fc8.i386.rpm[/url]
    WARNING The above is fairly likely to either not do what you want or break something you consider important. Use as your own risk

RockDoctor, Nov 7, 2008
  3. tripelty

tripelty

I got the devel package installed, but when i tried to build xfce-panel, i got pkg-config error about not having libxfce4util-1.0 package installed. When i enter "pkg-config --list-all" the package IS listed there. Any ideas wheres the problem?

tripelty, Nov 7, 2008
  4. tripelty

RockDoctor

No idea on this one. Haven't tried rebuilding any of the xfce packages on my AA1; I've rebuilt them on my desktop Fedora install in the past (xfce 4.0 in particular) without any problems. Time to call in the experts

RockDoctor, Nov 7, 2008
Ask a Question