light blue function key functions gone

Discussion in 'Windows' started by bill12345, Aug 27, 2008.

1. bill12345

bill12345

Hi,
    I just installed XP Professional SP3 and none of my light blue functions on the F-keys work anymore! I installed all the drivers from the Acer Europe site and everything looks fine in device manager. I started up my computer and tried using the mute speaker function and it didn't show any of the normal green text at the bottom of my screen along with muting the speaker, so I had to go into the sound volume properties and mute by checking the box there. The brightness shortcuts on my arrow keys work, and so does the F6 "turn off screen" shortcut, and also number lock and oh so does scroll lock. Okay so it sounds like a bunch of them work but many don't! :geek: Is there a way to re-enable these functions as well as the green on-screen text that I enjoy? :)
    -Bill

bill12345, Aug 27, 2008
  2. bill12345

dabono

Did you install the Acer Launch Manager application (Launch_Manager_v2.0.04.zip from the Acer Europe ftp site)?

That seems to control some of the on-screen display functions.

dabono, Aug 27, 2008
Ask a Question