Linpus 24H Clock

Discussion in 'Linux' started by no123one, Jun 27, 2010.

1. no123one

no123one

I have an Aspire One Zg5 with 8GB SSD, it came installed with XP, but after the OS crashed, and the recovery wouldn't start (by pressing alt-f10), we found a recovery ISO online, and it's Linux/Linpus.
    I think this OS suits this system with it's small HDD better, and despite problems getting DIVX working with Mplayer (finally got VLC to install after 4 hrs which works ok), I have only 1 niggle at this point... the time on the system bar is in 24 HR (Military) time.

I've looked everywhere, and can't find a way to switch it to 12 HR (AM PM) clock.

Any help would be muchly appreciated.

no123one, Jun 27, 2010
  2. no123one

sbaute

no123one;

Not sure if it's THE way...but I've been able to change it by (1) left-clicking once on the clock on the task bar, which brings up the calendar, then (2) while the calendar is up, double-clicking on the clock again which (after a second or so wait) brings up the Date/Time Properties dialogue. On that, uncheck the "Use 24 hr. clock" box, click "OK" (which closes the dialogue), then clicking the clock again to reduce it back to the task bar.

sbaute, Jun 29, 2010
  3. no123one

no123one

Excellent! Thank you!

no123one, Jul 1, 2010
Ask a Question