Linpus kernel src

Discussion in 'Linux' started by technonoise, Jul 23, 2008.

1. technonoise

technonoise

Hello everyone,

some days ago I was trying to use the internet connection sharing of my WM6 smarthphone. This smartphone doesn't have the wifi connection so to share its internet connection I must use the bluethoot or the USB cable. With windows, do this it's quite simple, cos I just use ActiveSync. Browsing the net I found SynCE (http://www.synce.org/moin/) that it seems to be a linux replacement of ActiveSync. The problem is that I need to compile some modules, but in limpus it's missing the kernel source code.. I think that Acer/Linpus must release the source code according to the GPL.. Does anyone know where to get it? Now I'm using windows to browse the net, but I would like to come back to linux as soon as possible!

technonoise, Jul 23, 2008
  2. technonoise

jack

You are correct. Acer must either provide the source with the device or make a written offer to supply the source of GPL licensed software - regardless of whether they have modified the code themselves or not. I can't find any source on the DVD but I don't have the dead-tree stuff with me at the mo.

I am looking to add kernel modules for Bluetooth and DVB.

jack, Jul 24, 2008
  3. technonoise

coredumpz

Well... we have to put some pressure on them. They have to respect GPL. The same thing had to be done with Asus.

I would like to install VirtualBox and this will be a bit difficult without having matching headers et al..

By the way, does anyone know if the tun driver is built into the kernel?
    There is no module for it as far as I can see. However, the tun device is at the proper place...
    I do not seem to be able to use it with OpenVPN though.

coredumpz, Jul 25, 2008
  4. technonoise

SuzuKube

How can i compile Synce? The kernel source module are available now :)

SuzuKube, Aug 23, 2008
  5. technonoise

annafil

If you actually try searching this very forum, you will find instructions on recompiling kernel modules, as well as links to all the source code that has been made available by Acer. For the entire system.

annafil, Aug 23, 2008
Ask a Question