Linpus Latest Version

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Geffers, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Geffers

Geffers

I've had an Aspire One for about 18 months now.

Got fed up with the ongoing Linpus update problems so I switched to Ubuntu, other than the system update problem I liked Linpus so would like to give it another go.

Has anyone tried the later version and if so is there a link for acer customers.

Geffers

Geffers, Nov 22, 2010
  2. Geffers

jango

Linpus is still have updates???

jango, Nov 22, 2010
  3. Geffers

Geffers

I tried a number of reloads from the original installation disk and always had ongoing problems with updates and various program installations.

Not all of them but enough to make the running of Linpus annoying, hence trying Ubuntu.

Geffers

Geffers, Nov 23, 2010
  4. Geffers

mudyf0x

hi
    I have tried the new 1.4 version of linpus and am well pleased with it, ive tried xp nlite, varoius versions of ubuntu , kubuntu and netbook remix, they where all good but i hated the lag when the sdd light was on, I just wanted an os that worked properly and smoothly, so i checked out the linpus website and downloaded their free version, and it installed no probs with everything working "out of the box" .... id say give it ago you may be suprised....

mudyf0x, Jan 3, 2011
  5. Geffers

jango

Have you try Lubuntu 10.10? Blazing fast and very stable... I love it

jango, Jan 3, 2011
  6. Geffers

mudyf0x

Code:
    Have you try Lubuntu 10.10? Blazing fast and very stable... I love it
    was playing around with the new linpus this morning and although everything worked apart from webcam, i found it very difficult to install additional software, and the touch pad had no configuration as far as I could see ie could not set up tap to double click feature ,so I downloaded the lubuntu iso and ran a live disc..... WOW well impressed, this distro has to be the best ive tried yet!!! everything works and not just works but is super fast and stable, and it still uses the ubuntu software depositories, which is a definite plus point over the unsuported linpusOS ,

I hope this distro is picked up by ubuntu and Canonical and given official status that it deserves....

thanks for the recommend :)

mudyf0x, Jan 4, 2011
Ask a Question